(Adapted from Good Housekeeping's Illustrated Cookbook)
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Freshly-ground black pepper
Dried sweet basil
- Heat water, butter, and salt until boiling.
- Add flour at once.
- Stir constantly, over heat, until dough comes away from sides. Remove from heat.
- Add 4 eggs, one at a time, stirring between each until fully incorporated.
- Mix in 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, freshly-ground black pepper, dried sweet basil, and paprika. Stir until combined.
- Spoon or pipe onto baking sheet. Bake @ 375°F for 50 minutes, or until golden.