1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2 tbs sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3 tbs almond oil
1 1/3 cup milk
Zest of two medium-sized oranges
- Stir together all the dried ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat egg and oil together. Stir in milk and orange zest.
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry ingredients. Stir until combined, but do not overmix. There should be some lumps.
- Pour 1/2 cup of the batter onto a frying pan over medium heat.
- Drop chocolate chips onto the uncooked batter in the pan.
- When bubbles form and burst throughout the pancake, flip to cook the other side.
- Cook until underside is golden brown. Remove from pan; repeat steps 4-7.